Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Gift Wrap Extravaganza ..............The Metallics


Warm metallics and simple white-on-white wrapping. 


Strings of pearl and glass make for embellished strands here.



Though this is a popular photo I wanted to remind you of the beauty of pleated tissue. Never underestimate tissue in gift wrapping, it makes for a softer gift presentation and with the addition of vintage broaches and soft ribbon it becomes truly glamourous..........as seen in the blog This is Glamorous.


The gifted Vicki Archer of the blog French Essence wrapped up last year's gifts in neutral sparkle for a popular post on my blog here. I am patiently waiting to see what she does this year as I know she is wrapping in a more colourful palette this year. A little birdie told me so. 


Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous from Victoria magazine and the Atlanta based King of Ribbon Nicholas Kniel who I think I need to visit/meet to master new ribbon tricks. Note the one with the vintage photo. All those glitter papers and ribbons add such sparkle to festive presentations. See his ribbon technique book here. 





The Gift Wrap Extravaganza
(click on title to view that category)

Humble Kraft Paper
Merry Red
The Moderns
Bright Pinks




Photos linked at source/Photo 1 source unknown

20 comments:

  1. My favorite of all, Sande! Love metallic wrap.
    Have a nice day.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still thinking.... I better hurry up!! xv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you need to meet Nick. His shop reminds me of a Paris shop full of tiny wonders. It is my favorite shop in Atlanta and my fav ribbon shop anywhere. If you visit let me know so I can tell you about other good shopping here. My blog has some photos of his shop on it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. fun and so sophisticated. Great inspiration on such a great blog. Joyeux Noël!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love silver and gold wrapping for Christmas...so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sande,

    Your post today is simply stunning---as always! I have been trying to pleat tissue on some of my wrappings, but am not finding it too easy to do neatly. Any tips you can share or is there a past post that will help? Many thanks! Hope everyone's holidays are filled with an abundance of ravishing ribbons, enticing embellishments, and the joy of giving of oneself by thoughtfully wrapped gifts.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Dear Sande!
    Beautiful presents, pretty paper & festive bows over here! You always make me smile~ It's just like a party!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sande,

    Love these gift wraps! I wonder what's inside? To give and receive any of these lovely wrappings would be a delight.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Bette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pleated tissue and vintage brooches and sweet bird embellishments.

    Just gorgeous,
    love DJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. No one on this earth wraps like you do Sande Chase!

    I'm wishing you the special gifts of this holiday season - Peace, Joy and Lasting Happiness, all wrapped up in a metallic bow, gold of course!

    Happy Holidays to you and your family.
    xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love those ideas with all the crystals on them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sande,
    The wrappings are gorgeous!!!!
    Thank you so much for all of your inspiring wrapping posts!!
    I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas ane a Happy and Healthy New Year!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like silver for Christimas - very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonjour! since today is the day I (finally!) start wrapping all those gifts, your post and a cup of coffee are getting me warmed up!

    Have a perfectly lovely wrapped-in-splendor Christmas!

    xo

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always love tone on tone gift wrapping, and with the metallics it makes it extra glam. Merry Christmas Sande.

    Cheers,


    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember opening a package from you and seeing for the first time pleated tissue paper-such and elegant touch to a simple material.
    Those gifts by Victoria mag are GORGEOUS! I love that magazine, so I'm not surprised. And, of course, anything that Vicki touches shines brilliantly.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sande,
    These are all fantastic, but the bird I loved the bird...it really wouldn't matter what was in the box!!!
    Merry Christmas!
    ~R

    ReplyDelete
  18. These pictures are quite enchanting. Very Christmassy; thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks to you I discovered the joys of craft paper this year. I'm wondering if there is a version in white ? Thanks for continuing your lovely blog.

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much lovely inspiration, Sande! I cannot select a favorite, but am gathering more ideas for next year... this year, my look was two distinct styles, but next year, I am do some watercolor detailing and silver pen decorations... xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails