Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas...........from Annie Oakley



I hope you found some inspiration, a few new ways to wrap up your holiday gifts in style with the 9-day Gift Wrap Extravaganza. And I hope all your lovely gifts are wrapped and waiting under a sparkly tree, all ready to bring smiles and warm feelings to all you chose to gift this year. Off we go to celebrate a family milestone..........a small break before our son starts his next chapter. 



Where can three Canadians, very fair and pale ones, go where it is warmer but not hot? Somewhere different? Somewhere where we will step out of our normal routine? Where we can have some really good laughs? To do something our son has always wanted to try?


I am going to be a cowgirl, like a real cowgirl with cowboy boots, hat and all..............and this will be the part that gives my cowboys more than a few laughs. Everyone who knows me knows that I am not the most agile person, yet married to a natural athlete and the mother of a son who is quite physically gifted as well. So I will be the one who gets on a horse and goes around in a circle like the father in Modern Family in the dude ranch vacation episode...........I know that. But that doesn't mean I can't try. Again.


I have been on a horse before but each time it didn't go according to plan. Not the nice, cantered jaunt that was promised by men in plaid shirts. More of the "catch the horse" and "hold on" type of rides where cowboys have to rescue the one who got away yes, with me on it. So yes, I am skittish but determined to lasso this fear because I really like horses but if worse comes to worse I can always go to the spa or golf with the guys.............. I can't golf either but I am a surprisingly good putter. But I can try. Again. 



Happy Trails...............and have the most wonderful holidays.
I wish you a most magical and celebratory week 
with your family and friends. 
You are the best readers of all. 


One last addition to the Gift Wrap Extravaganza.
Some brilliant and most creative gift wrapping here.
You are going to love this one.....I did. 



Photos via Pinterest

21 comments:

  1. You know something? I've never been on a horse in my whole life..... so I envy the experience. Enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful holiday 'Annie" and take care when YOu are up high on that horse.... Happy Christmas and much love... xxv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a beautiful holiday, Sande! En-wrap-tured, I should say. Wishing you another exciting and creative year.
    All the best,
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. just popping in quickly to say I hope you have a very happy Christmas, and to thank you for all your beautiful ideas & posts this year. Your work is an endless source of delight and prettiness! Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been lovely sande! Merry Happy and Joyous Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sande that sounds an absolute hoot! Good luck with horse, you just have to show it who is the boss, be firm .. okay!

    You know I've had a great year with you ... sending love to your and yours from Australia for a really Merry Christmas.

    love DJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Christmas adventure! As another fair-skinned person, I know how difficult It is to get warmth without skin damage and wearing a tube of suncream!
    Season's greetings. May your Christmas be filled with laughter, love and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy riding have fun and see you in the new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful holiday, dear Sande and this horse riding does sound like great fun ! Enjoy it all and see you in the new year with great delight as ever....
    Much love
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sande,
    Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and a wonderful time with your family. Don't worry that you're not the best horsewoman....just have fun and enjoy yourself.
    Enjoy everything that Christmas brings but, most of all, HAVE FUN !!
    Thanks so much for all of your support and wonderful gift wrapping advice and I look forward to more of the same in 2012. Much love. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sande,
    Merry Merry Chistmas to you and your beautiful family! Thank you for all your creative gift wrapping ideas throughout the year and especially this Christmas! I needed help to get in the spirit and your blog always gives me a boost of inspiration to keep going and to always give in pretty wrapped packages~~
    Hugs my dear friend,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sande ~

    Oh I can only imagine the greatness of this holiday adventure! Sounds absolutely wonderful, and I do hope you share many stories upon your return.

    Bisous,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm terrible at wrapping! you inspire me to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your holiday wrapping, as always, was stupendous. Just loved this series. Have a wonderful time at the ranch - you are such a good sport!! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello my friend,

    You can do it!

    I hope that you have had the most wonderful Christmas with love ones, filled with warmth and joy :) Thank you for the inspiration that you bring to all of us—you are such a lovely person...

    Warmly,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there, cannot believe that I have found such a wonderful blog, and that there are others who enjoy gift-wrapping as much as I do. What a joy and inspiration your posts are. Cheers from the South Seas, Karen Brown..Wellington, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sande Happy New Years and Happy Trails. How fun; I have a feeling you will enjoy it and I do hope you share photos!

    All the best in 2012!

    I hope you will enter my Giveaway From Serena & Lily!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bonne annee, Sande and have fun at the Ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sande,
    I was out of town when you posted this! Thank you for sharing my Restoration Hardware giftwrap with your visitors. I am honored that you liked it that much!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails