Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Gift Wrap Extravaganza.............7 Days of Inspiration

One of the my holiday pleasures is the surge in gift wrapping creativity. It is the one time of year where I have lots of company so I thought this year I would being all this gift wrapping talent together in a 7-day extravaganza of style. Some of it is new, some older, some you may have seen before, but all of it is clever and will inspire you in the gift wrapping week ahead. I will be categorizing by theme or colour and will post each day. I will begin with kraft paper........a humble paper that is this season's favorite. You can refer back to these posts all week long as I will backtrack add any new ones I see along the way. Are your scissors ready? 



This one from Creature Comforts was ringing all my festive bells this holiday season, kraft paper, yarn, pom poms, torn fabric ribbon, and fashionable embellishments, all the things I talk about using in one great package. 


This charming package from The Blissfully Content Wife  also uses torn fabric strips as ribbon along with a sweet gift tag. Go over and see how she uses newspaper in a post she named Frugal Gift Wrapping.




Cosy Cottage Cute uses white ribbon, twine,  and  simple elements for a natural presentation. 


This package has been around the Internet for several years but I didn't want you to forget this personalized idea. If you have time and patience the tutorial is here. Simple but chic. 


I love how the blog Brunch at Saks used this new glitter ribbon and how simply it elevates humble kraft paper. 


This one is from designer Mary Drysdale and was in my photo file from last year and I love the calm and elegant seashore theme.


Such a sweet tweet, tweet embellishment from here


Can you draw? Recycled as in using Trader Vic's grocery bags.
Found here


How sweet, find the bow download and tutorial here



Gorgeous simplity from the beautiful blog My French Country Home





All photos linked directly.

16 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing them all, Sande.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use craft paper as I really like the nearly classic look of it and it's great to then add any decorative touches - be it rustic or glam. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the ideas, the first with the touch of red and the picture on it is my fav!
    hugs DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ideas - the first one with the Eiffel Tower is lovely - so original!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sande, all so pretty and love the simplicity; have not gotten to gift wrap yet so I appreciate the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful inspiration Sande.....each and everyone of them.
    You can't beat a bit of simple brown paper, can you ? XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sande I love all of these simply elegant ideas for wrapping. The seashore really speaks to me!!

    Please come & Enter my 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways!! The latest is Art & more from Fifi Flowers!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness I LOVE the name one! It'd also be cool to do it with maps as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas - simple (and cheap!) kraft paper all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love that gold glitter ribbon paired with the simple craft paper!
    I'm looking forward to the next post!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas for this christmas presents! Thank you!
    Have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the inspiration I am getting for my giftwrap this year...all stunning! Love any kind of embellishment, shows you took the extra step to make it extra special:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the box with the name stencil from newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved this series - just loved it! le xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love all the inspiration....thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails