Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not Too Sweet

You wouldn't think that bubblegum pink could be sophisticated, but this glam rendition show you how it's all in the mix. Look carefully, I think that's a mirror (see the faint mirror image?) or someone has played a very clever painting trick because at first glance it appears to be a moody painting. An absolutely fabulous mirrored foot board gives this room it's big-girl glam and the bold chair upholstery fashionably twists the room from too-sweet to too-fabulous in one clever stroke.


I had the intention for a more sophisticated look, but then the darn thing just started wrapping itself, must have needed something sweeter today. I used two gingham check ribbons and a stripe to see how the pattern mix would translate. You can barely see it but the pink gift wrap has a faint tone-on-tone stripe as well. Bubblegum pink and fun.
The Paris card was made with my Paris ink stamp kit. I've been experimenting with trying to get the perfect imprint pressure, something I need practise doing. I'm not a crafty person, but like the toys and possibilities.
White ink is one of my favorites for these ink stamp images, see the laurel wreath. There are two ink stamp kits on my website under small gifts and one with Bird images that can be requested in the check-out form. I'll show you next week.

I have this ridiculously-overpriced metal ribbon that you pull to give it it's wavy texture and I thought I would add a fuchsia pink ribbon and label from my butterfly stickers. The price means you have to figure out how to get impact with very little length. You can see it's original width on the left, then on the right is it's pulled appearance. You'll see a better photo showing it's dimension in an upcoming post, I used it for a quieter colour scheme. I've been on a wrapping roll, so lots of gift wrap ideas ahead.



Top photo from Domino via Flickr/Photo 2, 3 and 4 by Sande Chase - Oooh la la Cadeau

15 comments:

  1. Love the pink! I'd love to try that look in one of my rooms. And could you please come wrap all of my gifts from now on? I am the WORST when it comes to wrapping - and you know how much presentation counts with the French!

    La Mom
    An American Mom in Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous
    Pink and Paris=Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that stamp kit - bought it at a lovely store in California but I've never been able to figure out how to use the stamp to get a perfect impression even though I'm an artist!!! Obviously I need to practice more. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love coming to your site. It's always such a visual treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sande, I have that photo of the same bedroom and totally missed your observation of the mirror! Thank you! I also love your latest creations - nothing you create ever fails to turn out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so girly... I especially love the bed with the mirrored footboard which is simply divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get enough of your posts, I love boxes, adding creativity to it is a hobby of mine. Occasions such as birthdays, Christmas and weddings excite me the most. Your boxes are gorgeous, I now have an inspiration for my hobby.

    Merci :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That package is beautiful! What a talent and beautiful eye you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh la la - I want to wrap something like this! I could envision this idea working in a myriad of colors!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sande!

    Love the pink room and the mirror, so SWEET!!! I am loving your (ooops) overpriced ribbon...so neat and NEW!!! So Lovely...what fun you have!!!

    ~Miss Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that mirror! I DID think it was a moody painting at first! That metal ribbon is fantastic! I just love popping over here for some inspiration...you never fail me!!! Have a wonderful day Sande!
    xoxo
    Judith~

    ReplyDelete
  12. that bedroom in the first picture is gorgeous! seriously!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've nominated you for an award on my book blog (Blog of a Bookworm). Please stop by when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right - I thought it was a painting at first. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails