Sunday, November 7, 2010

Clean Up at the Pop Up Shop


I woke up at 6 am today. Actually it was 5 am. We didn't realize our mistake until about 9 am when my husband was preparing a bacon-and-egg breakfast, we totally forgot about last night's daylight savings time adjustment. While he cooked, served, and then washed up, I sat at the island and finished up some last minute inventory counts before the movers knock on my door. I told my husband that I had a bit of a "got-up-to-early" headaches, he said no, that would be those 3 strong drinks you had last night. I don't actually drink that much so I forgot all about those drinky headaches but I sure slept well. Yesterday, my housekeeper Alana, her daughter Monica and I listened to a energetic play list while cleaning up the temporary retail "Pop Up" shop I told you about last week and I thought I would share some of the "before" photos. By the end of today it will be filled with merchandise, and then the race will be on to unpack and price inventory, advertise, and do all the display before I open the doors this coming Saturday. Oh, and I have a wireless Interac transaction device to learn tomorrow. This should be interesting. I will post all the Pop-Up information early this week on this blog for local readers.



I got kind of lucky in finding a temporary space that is perfect for this type of limited sale, especially considering it is located 3 minutes from my house. Back where you see the name of the former store occupant is a workspace counter where I will set up for a couple workshop events. My website business and blog (eg. latent gift wrapping ability) are better know outside my home city of Windsor, Ontario (which is typical for websites) so locals will be wondering why a designer is suddenly offering gift wrap workshops. So though there is room for about 50 chairs, I may only need a few and those would be used by my friends and any one else I can convince to attend. If I can organize one more step during this month-long marathon, I may video the workshop and share it on the blog. Some gift wrap techniques are better seen than written about and some readers have suggested this idea more than a few times. Which means you would have the pleasure of hearing this Canadian say "eh" at the end of every sentence. It's true, we do that quite a bit.


Remember these orange crushed-velvet poinsettias I used last Christmas? I have quite a few left so they are going to cover the store Christmas tree. We spent last Christmas in snow-covered Oklahoma and I never did get to see this orange and red colour scheme on my tree as I had envisioned. Then, of course they will be on sale too, unless of course I really like the final effect. If so, then the tree and I will walk home when all is said and done.



All photos by Sande Chase ~ A Gift Wrapped Life

15 comments:

  1. Sande I am so excited to see the results, go girl, that is a big undertaking!

    Come hear a great interview , then my new Giveaway....I know you will love it!!

    PS Love the music!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sande that is fantastic!! Wishing you much success!!! HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Sande! Can't wait to see future posts.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could just pop in to the pop up.....xxv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes Sande, with your pop-up this week - wish I could pop in too and see all your beautiful things.

    The videos are a great idea!

    I lOve your music, it's so soothing, in fact I'm now leaving your blog open al day just for the background music!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Sande,

    Sounds like a great Pop-Up-shop and you're ready to go. Yes, that daylight saving time has gotten us before as well; it gets all of us at one time or another...
    Wishing you lots of luck for the coming week and for the actual 'action week' thereafter!

    Cool greetings from Georgia,

    MariettesBacktoBasics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it goes perfectly. Looking forward to seeing what's happening. Sorry I'm too far away to drop in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sande ~

    Wish I could be one of those lucky attendees in your pop-up shop!

    Bisous,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the photos! The interior of the shop already looks very elegant, so I'm sure all of your merchandise will fit in beautifully. I wish I could be there to visit... Good luck and all the best with the shop!

    Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely space you were able to snag...those shadow box display shelves are great! The video idea is splendid! I know your readers would love that!
    I know all your hard work will be so worth it!
    --Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sande,
    If I lived near, I would be in the front row taking notes!
    I hope all of your prepping goes well and that you have a ton of traffic and sales!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. I'm sure it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great space! And from the plans you've described is going to be perfect. Keep taking pictures to bring us along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh what a great space and SO close to home....how perfect is that!!! What fun.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails