Friday, March 4, 2011

Winter White gift wrapping..............divine understatement



Winter White from here, how absolutely gorgeous and dreamy. A whisper soft presentation palette for the upcoming bridal season, any occasion really. A place to use wax seals, deckle papers, roping, twine, fonts, and calligraphy skills. Stock up on white gift wrap, perhaps even parchment? Can a gift be more beautiful?




I didn't think so either, there is a great deal to be said for understated gift presentations. When I ran across this monochromatic array of gifts from a beautiful blog named Uruquay White Life on Pinterest this morning it was the pin description that caught my eye along with the gifted execution. When someone re-pinned this photo they wrote that they had done this numbered idea for a 40th birthday which of course I assumed meant they gave 40 gifts numbered One to Forty. How much fun would that be at any age? White paper, white rope, and a printer is all you need to take this idea and run with it. I don't need to tell you what you could do with this idea for all your vintage-loving friends and brides. 


Though this is a retail packaging presentation, isn't this a clever use for the blind embosser tucked away and rarely used? Or ordering a blind embosser with a clever and generic phrase such as Gifted, Presentation, My Gift, and using it on a solid tone paper and gift cards is an organized and personal way to have gift supplies ready and on-hand for any occasion. Change up the ribbon and the presentation can shift from subtle to bold if need be, but the subtle white palette is more than pure and divine. Add a fresh or silk bloom if the occasion calls for more embellishment. 


There is nothing in the world of written correspondence more classic and refined than a deckle edge card in the softest shade of warm white. Those hand-torn edges signify elegance and tradition. Remember the holiday gift wrapping YouTube video that British designer Nicky Haslam did for A Gift Wrapped Life and his final signature touch? The recipients initials written in flowing black ink on a simple white card...............a most personal touch. Fabulous if you are versed in the fine art of calligraphy.



Soap wrapped in vintage newspaper pages, tied with thread.




Such a lovely idea for bridal shower favours don't you think? Scented Sachets in a natural palette from linen, burlap, and felt, tied with natural twine. 






All photos via Pinterest

23 comments:

  1. Sande,
    I thought about you 2 weeks ago, I was at World Market (do you have those?) and they had the COOLEST asian themed wrapping boxes and gift accessories. I immediatly thought you need to see them because I think you would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the simple elegance of white. It's amazing what can be created with the absence of color.

    As always, my day is made more beautiful my visiting here! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog so much.))*

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all truly lovely and what a great idea - all soft and pretty in white.
    It reminded me of a Christmas gift from my Grandmother - she had only sons and I was the only grand-daughter so she all things girlie were done for me. One year she chose to buy a number of smaller items, wrapped them separately in tin foil and tied each with a beautiful aqua ribbon. All the gifts were then placed in a clear cellophane-type bag and that was tied with an even larger aqua ribbon. It was the prettiest gift I have ever been given and that was 40 years ago!
    The odd thing was, up 'til then and ever after, she only used typical Christmas wrapping paper. I remember asking her what gave her the idea and she didn't know - she said it just came to her when she was shopping. We both agreed that was the most delightful presentation ever but she never did anything like it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something about all white gift wrapping that is just breathtaking! And that wax seal is inspired! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sande these are gorgeous!! And I have to say, you have the most impressive Pinterest site I think I've ever seen - so beautiful and organized!! I ADORE all this winter white - so elegant and I agree, appropriate any time of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the freshness of this look. These images are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is one of my favorite posts ever! I made your blog the Feature Friday blog because of this post! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so lovely! They look very French!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo pretty and dreamy..anything with a wax seal is a winner in my book. Lvoe how pretty everything is, makes me want to go wrap some gifts..lol! Have a great weekend and visit me...doing an amazing giveaway..a pair of stunning Murano handblown glass lamps..www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is my first time arrive at your very wonderful blog and it is truly full of inspirations. I am very glad to have come across it!!! Have a very wonderful weekend!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW !!! that is just stunning. Everything about it! If you are ever in Birmingham, AL (I know, why would you go there?) anyway, if you're ever there, there is a shop called "White Flowers". OMG, everything is white in there. It is just divine shopping. It reminds me of this blog!!! have a wonderful weekend! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just beautiful!!! Everything about this blog I love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so pretty Sande~ This is the look I So LOVE!
    xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pure white gifts are so elegant. I once did something similar to the 40 gifts - My young niece was taking her first long driving trip from the midwest to the East Coast and I made her a basket of individually wrapped gifts...one for each state she would pass through. Everytime she crossed a border she could open a gift. I thought it would make the trip more fun. Well, there was a blizzard and they had to turn back so she opened them all at the same time!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course your winter white selection is elegant and beautiful as is everything that you do, but the word winter is making me cringe. It has been such a long, cold and gray winter that I cannot wait for spring to arrive. Are you dreaming in colour?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every time I stop by here I'm inspired by the details. Thanks so much. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  18. Salut Sande, these all-white wrappings and gifts are beautiful. I love the simple elegance they have where the texture does all the "talking". Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, the white is breathtaking---and a charming way to use my monogrammed seal.(now to just find white sealing wax!) Which reminds me, are you still operating your store with the beautiful gift wrap and ribbon collections? My favorite was the "Versailles Collection"---is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  20. All whites and nuetrals have always had a special fondness in my eye. I agree that understated can be so very beautiful and elegant. Simplicity is beauty in it's purest form.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails