Saturday, February 25, 2012

The stars that come out tonight


This movie isn't on the Oscar list tonight, in fact it went barely noticed when it was released in 2008 and from all accounts the reviewers hated Fireflies In The Garden, to them it was just another story about dysfunctional families. But ask me................and I will tell you this story had me in tears not easy and wondering how it slipped my notice for so long. I can tell you this, I found Fireflies which was just released on itunes this week to be much, much better than The Tree of Life which is up for best movie this year and also happens to be about a dysfunctional family I think, I never was too sure what this movie was about to tell you the truth. We weren't alone, people were leaving the movie way before it ended. But enough about that. It is Oscar night, that perfect mid-winter diversion, a dazzling peek into the world of movie stars and fashion. The night of movies we loved and the ones we didn't.

After the red carpet fixation on fashion I always get to thinking about the movie stars themselves, how some years they shine so bright, such good parts, such good notice. How other years they are bypassed to someone shiny and new. As much as we love our movie stars, it can't be an easy life with all the ups and downs, and constant expectations from every direction. I always hope that movie stars don't define themselves or their lives on the shiny and bright found at Hollywood & Vine. But I suppose like the rest of the world striving to be the best in their craft, some do and some don't. When I finished Fireflies In The Garden, I reread the words to the Robert Frost poem below that is the title of the movie and the source of Fireflies most heartrending scene and I thought...........so true, especially when it comes to movie stars on the brightest Oscar night. They are just like us, they just get to shine brighter now and again for all the world to see. And when they do in a great movie or at the Oscars..............it really is like seeing the magic of Fireflies on a warm summer night. Enjoy the show.




   Fireflies In The Garden


Here comes real stars to fill the upper skies,

And here on earth come emulating flies,

That though they never equal stars in size,

(And they were never really stars at heart)

Achieve at times a very star-like start.

Only, of course, they can't sustain the part. 
                    
                        Robert Frost









photo via google

10 comments:

  1. Oh that was beautiful Sande!

    I haven't seen this movie, but I'll have to check it out.
    love dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to watch this movie, Sande. I always love the movies that the so called reviewers dislike. I don't know how I missed this.
    Thank you for the introduction.
    Happy Weekend.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to watch this movie, Sande. I always love the movies that the so called reviewers dislike. I don't know how I missed this.
    Thank you for the introduction.
    Happy Weekend.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ordering it now... Thank you Sande... xv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sande a wonderful movie suggestion and the Frost poem a delight!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to give this movie a go..... after the red carpet.
    I worked intimately on TIFF for several years on the event/party end of business, so the red carpet attraction is big for me. But the art of the movies is why there is a red carpet run in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually watch the Oscars...but I now want to see this movie. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Sande, for your beautiful and thoughtful post. I will have to add this movie to my Netflix queue. I wonder if any of the stars read your blog? I love the Oscars and I love to read your blog - Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read so many articles or reviews about the
    blogger lovers but this post is genuinely a nice paragraph,
    keep it up.

    Here is my weblog; http://screw-networksolutions.net/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails