Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pink Paris Velvet.........




I almost expected Marlene Dietrich to come around the corner with a cigarette holder, wearing mule slippers  and holding a pink martini saying "Good morning Darlings" when we entered the Bluemarine showroom in the late afternoon. Movie star glamour in varying shades of rosey pink put Bluemarine's opulent booth at the Maison & Objet show in Paris as my absolute favorite for a number or reasons.


The luxury brand is big on sumptuous details such as pillows with feathers, sparkling crystals and pearls forming letters and patterns, beautifully finished edges, exquisite silks, satins and all the luxurious details you would expect to find in a movie star's bedroom, real or otherwise. But what also caught my eye was the velvet, the rosey pink velvet used to "dress" the armoire doors, the shelves and even the applied moulding. As I used to say to our design clients (ones with a sense of humour) "a detail to die for darling".


I placed this fashionable pink feathered pillow into view of the most remarkable feature in the room........ pink velvet floor tiles! Can you imagine? It was divine!  I fell in love with this concept. Might be something to consider for some major glamour in a dressing room/closet. My experience after 25 years a a designer tells me that the velvet used on the armoire, doors, shelves, and floor tiles was applied with adhesive spray glue, allowing the velvet to adhere quickly and smoothly to moulding elevations and tight corners. 


Velvet floor tiles.


Divine Pink Pillows


One last look.............it wouldn't be that hard to make this display armoire if you fancy yourself a bit of Hollywood glamour. Isn't it divine?


See the glamorous Blumarine collection here



iphone photos by Sande Chase



16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sande I adore this gorgeous shop, the doors, the dress, the linens!

    Speaking f velvet...

    I am having an amazing Giveaway of Plush Pumpkins from Love Feast!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doors grabbed my heart!
    Thank you for sharing, Sande.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't believe the armoire and floor tiles...and that dress! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was gorgeous... Great shots Sande... WIsh we were back there now! xv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink never fails! It's lovely and feminine, and even men look good in it. Get some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose velvet walls is Glamour with a capital G. All of the fabrics and intricate details create an ultra feminine spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rosy pink velvet covering the amoire and moulding. It is so unexpected, but utterly glamourous and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, what delightful images, I think I would have found it hard to get out of that store. The detail and workmanship in those pieces is amazing. What a beautifully feminine store and so what I would expect in "Paris".

    This post has given me an amazing idea. One of my discoveries, (well two actually) in my mums house was a beautiful old peach satin bed cover (shabby chic style) and also a box of beads with broken pearl necklaces of varying sized loose pearls. I'm now thinking I could follow the design on the duvet cover along the top edge and sew some pearls and crystals on it as above. My mum was the most wonderful seamstress and did everything by hand,I may not have inherited this talent but definitely going to have a go after seeing this post.

    Thank you for the inspiration.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful store with such gorgeous and glamorous items. Adore the white dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunningly beautiful store. Did did your credit cards escape unscathed?

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Lovely Sande, so pretty and feminine, trust you to seek out such beauty.. Carla xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. soo beautiful! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love following our log! Beautiful post!
    Jamie Herzlinger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sande,

    Okay, those velvet "dressed" armoire doors and floor tiles have to be the most unique, inspiring, and most beautiful things I've seen in a long time! I'm wondering if this is going to be the next wave in décor? I can imagine the furniture and display possibilities, and the color possibilities...I'm sure you've already been there!
    But a rosy pink velvet is the epitome of glamour, n'est-ce pas? I'm wondering how I can fit that into our "boudoir"??? My rusty creative wheels are beginning to crank and churn. Thank you for reviving my creative spirit.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! The velvet floor tiles....yes please a little bit of opulent dreaming
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails